Sunday, March 7, 2010

Firing the Entire Teaching Staff

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/24/AR2010022402092_3.html?sid=ST2010022403468

My wife told me about this when it first hit the news. I sincerely do agree that firing all teachers can be very effective at saying, "We're serious about educational reform!" Does that mean I support this instance? Certainly not. The chance that EVERY teacher is crap is almost impossible. It sounds like the administrators and superintendent were not doing their jobs in this case. Firing every teacher sounds like they're too sorry to find out who's doing a good job. They're probably too sorry to make sure they hire good teachers and too sorry to properly evaluate those teachers.

I expect low school budget probably relates in some way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment